It is Neuroplast BVs commitment to ensure that their lead therapeutic interventions are commercialized as soon as possible to bring benefit to public health by improving the lives of patients. To realize this ambition Neuroplast intensively collaborates with governments and renowned academic and institutional centers of excellence throughout the World. Neuroplast wants to focus at those indications, which have not only an enormous impact on the quality of life of the patients suffering from these diseases but also indications for which no treatment is available to slow down the progression, to stop the progression or even reverse the effects of the progression of these diseases. Special of interest are the diseases and disorders of the central nervous system.
1. Struys T, Moreels M, Martens W, Donders R, Wolfs E, Lambrichts I.
Ultrastructural and immunocytochemical analysis of multilineage differentiated human dental pulp- and umbilical cord-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Cells Tissues Organs. 2011;193:366-378.
2. de Munter JP, Wolters EC. Autologous stem cells in neurology: is there a future? J Neural Transm 2013;120:65-73.
3. de Munter JP, Wolters EC. Autologous adult stem cells in ischemic and traumatic CNS disorders. J Neural Transm 2013;120:91-102.
4. de Munter JP, Lee CS, Wolters EC. Cell-based therapy in Parkinsonism. Translational Neurodegeneration 2013;2:13.
5. de Munter JP, Melamed E, Wolters E. Stem cell grafting in parkinsonism - Why, how and when. Parkinsonism Relat Disord 2014;20 S1:150-153.
6. Wolters ECh, de Munter JP, Steinbusch HW. Parkinson’s Disease. In: Wolters ECh, Baumann C eds. Parkinson Disease and Other Movement Disorders. VU University Press 2014;149-162.
7. Donders R, Vanheusden M, Bogie JF et al. Human Wharton’s jelly-derived stem cells display immunomodulatory properties and transiently improve rat experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Cell Transplant. 2015;24:2077-2098.
Based on its own intellectual property, Neuroplast BV developed a platform (AMARYLLIS) to produce NEUROCELL under a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) quality system. Innovative is the automated chain of procedures from collection of autologous stem cells to the release of the end product in this unique platform
Neuroplast’s preparations are highly condensed autologous anti-inflammatory bone marrow-derived stem cell preparations, manufactured, released and re-administered within 6-12 hours after the actual bone marrow collection, in order to stop or slow down the acute and/or episodic inflammatory processes, responsible for neuronal cell death. From the results of the freedom-to-operate studies, and the scientific literature database, it was concluded that Neuroplast’s finding is novel & inventive, and relevant to the industry. Therefore, as part of Neuroplast’s intellectual property, different patents are filed to secure the processing of NEUROCELL. These patents covers the stem cell preparation from all kind of sources and world-wide protects Neuroplast’s intellectual property.